- I am just about2 months away from delivering baby #2. Kennedy is so excited to be a big sister and loves talking to "baby brother." We are still working on a name. Actually, I am working on a name. Brady has one name he wants and probably won't be budging! I have been feeling pretty well. This pregnancy is so different from Kennedy's! My biggest complaint right now is that my lower back is killing me. Other than that, all is going well and we are excited to meet our healthy, little boy!
- We took a family vacation to Mexico in March. It was so fun! We wanted to take advantage of Kennedy flying free for one last time. She loved every minute of it! She would wake up and run to the porch all excited that the beach and pool were still there. Seeing the excitement on her face throughout the week was the greatest part. It is one vacation I will always remember!
- Kennedy turned 2 in April! I cannot believe that she is so big already. Where has the time gone? We had her birthday party at a park close to the house. The weather was cold, but I don't think Kennedy minded one bit. My parents came down for the party and Easter and it was wonderful to have them here.
- We decided to put our house on the market to see if we could sell it. We want to get into a bigger house with a little more room to spread out. I honestly didn't think we would be able to see the house with this market, but we didn't have anything to lose, so we went for it. As of this past Sunday, we have a contract on our house and our beginning our search for a new house. We are actually going out tonight to look at some houses! I am excited to look and find our next house. Everyone will get their own room, plus we won't be losing our guest room. And hoping for an office for Brady as well!
- Brady and I took a weekend trip to New Orleans for a wedding. Brady's friend from work was getting married and a bunch of friends were going. We had a great time. I wasn't sure what I would think of New Orleans, but I enjoyed our visit. The weekend was so much fun! It was great to get away just the two of us for the weekend!
- The next weekend, we travelled to Michigan for my cousin Katie's high school graduation. As always, I love coming back home. It is so much fun to watch Kennedy play with her Gigi, Papa, and Aunt Kelley and get spoiled by them (we get a little spoiled too). The weather was fantastic and we were able to spend a lot of time outside playing. Kennedy figured out how to pedal her bike and was doing so well. Katie's party and graduation were perfect. I miss my extended family so much and enjoyed getitng to spend time with them. Kennedy loved playing with her cousins too! Congrats Katie! We love you and are so proud of you!
- Kennedy finally decided that she would crawl out of her crib. I have been certain for months that she could do it, but she was always too lazy to do it when she would wake up. Well, she did it. When Brady was out of town. We had a couple long nights. I was waiting for Brady to get back into town so we could go get her a big girl bed. A couple in our church happened to have a twin bed, mattress, and boxsprings that is in perfect condition that they were wanting to get rid of, so we got her a great bed for free! It was perfect timing. We went to Target on Sunday to get some new bedding for it and happened to find the perfect set in the clearance section! Kennedy loved it and was so excited! She has done so well in her bed and we have had very little problems with the adjustment. She has come into our room around 4 or 5 in the morning, but other than that, she stays put. She didn't get out of bed until 7:30 this morning!
- Kennedy had surgery yesterday to remove her adenoids. She has had one sinus infection after another for the last year. It was a simple procedure and went great. No complications at all. She doesn't seem to be in pain and is back to her normal self. They told us that she would probably be lethargic yesterday, but she perked right up and was ready to go. The hardest part is trying to keep her calm (you know, not climbing on counters, jumping off couches) for a few days so everything can heal properly.
I am sure there is a lot more to update on, but that is what comes to mind right now. I will try to pull together some pictures of the above events to show you! Hopefully, I will update more frequently (just keep reminding me Rachel)!