Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blessings Abound

I have not been on this blog for a year now...I just don't take the time to post here. I will work on that! In the meantime, I am cheating and re-posting my Thanksgiving post from last year. I am incredibly thankful that nothing has changed from my list! And here it is...what are you thankful for this year?

There are many things I am thankful for this year. Although I could never list everything I am thankful for, I figured I would share with you some of my things I am most thankful for. I am thankful for:
  • Everyday God blesses me with. I am thankful for His grace, His love, and His mercy. My life belongs to Him. I am thankful for the opportunity and freedom to worship Him and enter into a personal relationship with Him.
  • My husband. I do not deserve Brady. He is incredible. He puts up with all of my shortcomings and loves me despite them. He is the best father. Watching him with Kennedy and Leyton makes me fall in love with him all over again. He has patience when I've lost mine. He does fun things with Kennedy. He gets up with Leyton so I can sneak in a few extra hours of sleep. He works hard everyday, giving me the gift of staying home with my children. He puts his family first. He is a blessing beyond measure.
  • My children. I have two beautiful, healthy, children. Kennedy is full of energy and does not stop from the time she gets up to the time we force her to go to bed. She loves to talk. And dance. And run. I am not going to lie, she tries my patience over and over and over again. But she is so sweet. I love watching her grow and mature. I love it when she thanks me for the smallest things as if they made her whole life. I love putting her to bed and listening to her prayers. I love that she asks questions about God. I love that she is already learning scripture. I love when she wants to sit in my lap and read books. And, I love to watch her dance. That girl has some great moves! Leyton is my laid back boy. It is amazing how different he is from Kennedy. He is calm. Not much bothers him. He loves his big sister and smiles when she is around. He puts up with her hugging him, kissing him, holding him. I love when he comes over to me and gives me the biggest kiss (which is still with mouth wide open at this point!). It warms my heart!
  • My family. I am blessed to have such an extended support system and family that loves and cares for me and my family. My parents are the best parents ever. I don't see them often enough. I would love for them to live closer to me. The best thing about my parents is watching them with Kennedy and Leyton. We have been blessed to travel to Michigan and spend weeks at a time with them. I am looking forward to Christmas time when we will take over their house! I love the time we spend with them and am always very sad when I have to say goodbye. They raised me to be the person I am and for that I am thankful. I am thankful for the morals and values that they instilled in me. Without that, I would not be the mom and wife that I am. I am thankful for my in-laws. They take care of me, love me, support me, and treat me as if I was their daughter by birth. They love Leyton and Kennedy. They volunteer to watch both kids so I can get a break. They make sure I have someone to eat dinner with when Brady is out of town. They would do anything for me. I am thankful for my two sisters, one by birth, one by marriage. They are my best friends and I love being around them. I love that one is the Cool Aunt Kelley and one is the Hot Aunt Kelly (that is really how Kennedy refers to them). They are fun, loving, caring aunts. Now, we are just waiting for some cousins (no pressure or anything girls)!
  • I am thankful for my friends. They pick me up when I am down. They love me. They hold me accountable. They keep me sane. They make me get out of the house. They give me advice. They let me know I am not alone in life.
  • I am thankful for my church. Those friends I just talked about-most come from my church family. I am thankful for the children's department at our church. I am thankful for Mom2Mom. I am thankful for the support provided for these ministries. I am thankful for my Sunday school class (first year to not teach pre-k Sunday school and attend a class with adults).
  • Of course I am thankful for good health, a home to live in, food on the table, clothes to wear. I am thankful for our military and their families. I am thankful for the sacrifices they make for our country. I am thankful for answered prayers.
Although this list is long, it is not complete. I could go on and on about what I am thankful for. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and take time, not only on Thanksgiving, but every day, to give thanks and remember how incredibly blessed you are. We are blessed here. And for that I give thanks!


No comments: