Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trip to Michigan...lots of pictures

Over Labor Day weekend, we made a quick trip up to Michigan to visit family, hang out with friends, and to go to my high school reunion. I've been working on this post, but just haven't had the time to load all the pictures, so it is a little late. Better late than never! We had a wonderful time. Gigi and Papa got to love on Kennedy all weekend and Brady and I got a couple of nights out to hang out with friends.

On Saturday, we stopped by the Zangaro (Katie's parents) house for lunch. Mrs. Zangaro treated us to a yummy lunch and it allowed us to catch up with dear friends. I love hanging out with Katie and Phil. They have two of the most precious children and Kennedy had the time of her life. Kennedy and Lucas became fast friends and loved running around, playing, and trying to see what mischief they could get into. Here are some pictures from that day:


First order of business: stand on stools and check out the view from up here.

Now, lets check out what is in the cupboards...


This is getting boring, lets go running!



Lucas, do you think we can make a break for it?


All that running is tiring...going to hang with Gracie


Gracie is a great reader...


Group shot


Kisses goodbye


I don't want to leave!



Saturday night, Brady and I went to my 10 year high school reunion. We had a great time catching up with friends. After the reunion, we headed down to the beach for a bonfire. The weather was great and the company was even better!

Brady and me before the reunion


Kristin and Michelle at the reunion


All the girls: Manda, Amber, Kristin, Lisa, Rachel, Michelle



Michelle, Rachel, and Lisa



The boys catching up: Corey, Brady, Jason, and Steve


Kennedy got a lot of time to play at Gigi and Papa's house. She loves being there and playing with all her toys. My dad made the little bench in the pictures when he was either in middle or high school (I can't remember). I used the bench in my bedroom when I was growing up, so it is so neat to see Kennedy playing with it.



Kennedy was sleeping like this in the crib one night when we went to check on her. It was adorable.

About an hour later, she looked like this. Funny!



Sunday, I headed to South Haven beach with Rachel and Lisa for a reunion for USA Michigan. USA Michigan was the junior olympic club team I played for in high school. We had a great time telling old stories and remembering all the crazy, fun, and not-so-fun times we had during all those years of volleyball. Here are two shots I took of the beach. The weather was great!



Monday came too quickly and it was time to say goodbye. Kennedy with her Gigi and Papa at the South Bend airport.

No comments: