Friday, July 18, 2008

Foto Friday: Engagement

It was 7 years ago this weekend that Brady asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. It was Saturday, July 21st 2001 and we were both in Michigan visiting my family. Brady was living in St. Louis and I was getting ready to start my senior year at Trevecca. I knew that the proposal was coming. We had looked at rings together and I actually got to help pick out my ring. We didn't get to see each other often (living in two different states). I was putting the full-court press on him, so finally gave in!

He took me to a park near my parents house. His original plan was to take me to the swings and propose there. We went to a park on our first date and spent some time swinging and talking. But, when we arrived at the park there were a bunch of people on the swings, so he quickly changed his plans. They have a nice nature walk at the park, so we started to walk the trail. There is a big hill that the trail goes around and he decided we should climb to the top of that hill. It was an adventure just getting up there. We we got to the top, he got down on one knee, said some really sweet things (which I can't remember, I was too excited to get my ring!) and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. I (obviously) said yes!


Our first year dating. Visiting me in my dorm room during open dorm night.



Sanibel Island at the Bubble Room



Our official engagement photo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to believe that it has been 7 years. Time really does fly. Your little helper does not look so little anymore. Wow!! has she grown. Miss you! Kristin